Does the thought of drinking hot lemon water make you Quiver?
I did when I first learned about the benefits. I first drank it with honey until I learned it was more beneficial for my body with simply lemon and water.
Hot lemon water in the morning is well worth adding to your routine.
It has been a morning ritual for my husband and I for the last several years, since we substituted it with coffee. Why should you add hot lemon water to your morning routine you must be thinking and I don’t blame you? The benefits of drinking this hydrating and mineral-rich beverage are numerous and you will soon see why.
1. LEMON WATER IS ALKALIZING. In order for the human body to function at its peak, it needs to be alkaline. Many foods and beverages, such as meat, dairy, caffeinated beverages, and drinks, leave an acidic residue in the body. Too much acidity in the body can cause a host of problems i.e. inflammation, water retention, and cancer thrives in an acidic body. Acidity also speeds up the aging process and causes bad mouth and body odor. To balance the acidity levels, the body needs foods that are alkaline, such as vegetables, greens, and fruits.
Hot lemon water is an alkalizing beverage that can help the body maintain its ideal PH. While we sleep our bodies have a significant role - it repairs things that went wrong the day before, cells and skin have been renewed, and many other marvelous things go on. The hot lemon water assists the body getting the PH balance stabilized. Lemons contain alkaline minerals such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium, and these minerals play a significant role in your health.
2. AIDS WITH DIGESTION. Lemons increase bile secretion from the liver, which aids in proper digestion of foods, kick starting the day with a healthy bowel movement. Having a healthy digestive tract is essential to getting the most nutrients out of your food.
3. HOT LEMON WATER IS HYDRATING. Many people don’t realise that while we sleep, our bodies lose fluids, which means that when we awake, we need to hydrate. There was a time when my morning beverage was coffee, and a great portion of the world has a morning coffee as a ritual. It is a terrible mistake because coffee dehydrates the body even more and as you may or may not know, dehydration can cause fatigue, sluggishness, and headaches. That is why starting the morning off with a cup of hot lemon water is a great way to start your day right, and make sure you get the hydration you need right away.
4. CURBS HUNGER CRAVINGS. The pulp of lemons contains pectin fiber, which helps the body control hunger cravings. If you are trying to lose weight, hot lemon water with pulp can be a wonderful, all-natural way to control your cravings.
5. BEAUTIFUL SKIN. Lemons are an excellent source of Vitamin C, which is necessary for beautiful skin. This antioxidant helps fight free radical damage and plays a role in collagen synthesis. Lemons also help cleanse the liver, which in turn makes the liver better able to process toxins. When the body is properly detoxified, the skin will take on a beautiful glow. Drinking hot lemon water can help you maintain smoother, younger looking, and more beautiful skin. Once I’ve prepared my lemon water, I take the juiceless lemon and rub it on my face, I leave it on for about 30 minutes, rinse it off, then pick a small piece of aloe vera and rub it on my clean skin.
As you can see, hot lemon water is an excellent addition to your morning beauty routine. Like most good things, though, it is not an overnight beauty and health miracle or cure. It is something that must be done on a regular basis, over a period to reap the most benefits. I hope that drinking hot lemon water becomes an integral part of your morning routine that you enjoy as much as I do. It is a simple and effective tool in your journey to optimal health!
6. LIVER HEALTH. The sour flavor can be found in many foods; lemons, sprouts, green apples, oats, yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, which is a Korean spicy pickled cabbage.
Remember to find the right balance of sour in your life, both too little and too much can impact liver health.
The bitter flavor governs the liver and has a gathering effect, which is imperative for the support of our physical structure. The Nei Ching advise, too much of the sour flavor will cause the flesh to tighten. This leads to inflexibility in body, mind and spirit. "