One of the greatest tragedies in medical history is that most people wait till their mouth is dry before they believe their body needs water.
This huge mistake has cost society dearly. We know that water is essential to life, yet many believe water has no health benefit. I once visited a Dr who told me I need to drink 1 litre of any liquid, including tea and coffee. "OH MERCY!!"
"Water is not a choice, it is a matter of life and death." Just as much as food and air. Our body's instinctively craves these three elements; food, air and water for survival.
I challenge anyone who lives on soda and does not drink water to buy a plant and feed it on soda and not water and watch what happens. Your plant will not survive and neither will your body, if you continue to go without water.
Water is a great healer, in and out and most of my clients are surprised at how their health improves when they start to drink lots of fresh, clean water.
One thing that really blows my mind is that drug-based medicine teaches that water is nothing more than an inert solvent the body uses to transport the solvent (minerals, proteins, enzymes, etc.) around the body.
I beg to differ. Water is far from inert. The blood is made up of a large percentage of watery serum, our cells cannot survive without an adequate supply of fresh, clean water. As my Dr many years ago once told me "any liquid is better than none" please do not be fooled. Your body needs good fresh clean water not soda, tea, coffee or beer!
If your body is not hydrated with a sufficient supply of water, it will begin to ration the water available in your organs, bones and skin and cut back on certain functions to make the supply go around.
Your brain is an essential system which will be prioritised while other organs will be rationed and that is when symptoms will arise. Sadly, the symptoms will be treated with medication whilst the underlying deficiency goes uncorrected, which in turn causes other issues. We now have a vicious cycle to deal with. You become chronically dehydrated, heavily medicated and as a living being not even rated!!!
Water is used for digestion, detoxifying cells, watering the lungs, keeping the body alkalised and a host of cleaning duties. You need in excess of 2 litres of water daily in order for your body to perform all these tasks.
The bodies many cries for water are asthma, allergies, diabetes, arthritis, angina, stomach upsets, chronic intestinal complaints and other degenerative illnesses. These complaints are usually dramatically improved when a consistent and long-term intake of fresh, clean water is introduced.
Here are a few vital reasons to value your water intake.
• Water clears toxic waste from different parts of your body transporting it to the liver and kidneys for disposal.
• Water is the main lubricant in your joints, which helps prevent arthritis, also making your spinal disks 'shock-absorbing water cushions'.
• Water prevents constipation, due to it's lubricating and laxative effect.
• Water helps reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes, preventing clogging of the arteries in the heart and the brain.
• Water is essential for the body's cooling (sweat) and heating (electrical) systems.
• Water gives us power and electrical energy for all brain functions, particularly our thinking. (Most people who complain about fogginess, are usually chronically dehydrated.)
• Water can help prevent attention deficit disorder in children and adults. (Although we need to look seriously at a child's diet when diagnosed with ADD and ADHD.)
• Water helps reduce stress, anxiety, depression and decreases premenstrual pains and hot flushes in women suffering with symptoms of menopause.
• Dehydration prevents sex hormone production - one of the primary causes of impotence and loss of libido.
• Water helps prevent the loss of memory as we age. It helps reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease and motor neurone disease.
Start to revise your body's water usage now before it is too late. You will need to increase your intake for at least 10 days before you are likely to feel the desire to drink the desired amount of water, and before the body will trust that it's water supply will come from your mouth and will stop robbing other areas.
Remember you will have to increase your water intake if, you increase your activity, you eat more cooked foods, if you drink more tea/coffee/alcohol/soda, if you eat more processed foods, more sugary foods, if you have more stress, if you are ill, if you are on medications.
If you eat more raw salads and fruits, you can decrease your water intake.
Keep drinking! “WATER”
It’s properties even keep you looking and feeling younger…